Malaseb Shampoo 250ml
Malaseb is a shampoo registered to treat Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Dermatophytosis
Malaseb is a shampoo registered to treat Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Dermatophytosis. Seborrhoeic Dermatitis is the scientific name for a skin infection involving bacteria (Staphylococcus) and yeast (Malassezia). Dermatophytosis is the scientific name for ringworm, a condition which is not due to worms (like the name suggests) but is in fact a fungal infection.
When there is a disruption to the skin’s natural ecosystem these bacteria and yeasts can overgrow causing disease.
Reasons for disruption to the natural balance
- Allergy, including to pollens, grasses, foods (meats) and fleas.
- Parasites, such as flies, mites and lice.
- Hormonal problems
- Conformational problems such as deep skin folds, making sweaty crevices.
How does Malaseb help?
- Kills the micro-organisms, helping to keep the numbers of yeasts and bacteria at manageable levels.
- Removes excess scale and oils, commonly produced when the skin is infected
- Removes allergens such as pollens which can be caught in fur or on skin causing irritation
DERMATOPHYTOSIS or ‘Ringworm’
Ringworm is a well recognised problem in horses.
Malaseb will help to sterilise the coat of ringworm spores, helping to speed recovery and prevent spread of the disease.
Malaseb should be used twice weekly during ringworm treatment.
How often should I apply Malaseb?
In the case of seborrhoeic dermatitis, Malaseb should be used twice weekly when the infection is active. You may be able to reduce the frequency of bathing to once per week or fortnight once the infection is under control. In most circumstances long term therapy is needed as ‘curing’ the cause of the imbalance is not always possible.
In the case of ringworm, twice weekly bathing is recommended to clean the coat of spores and infection. Therapy is typically needed for 8 to 12 weeks.
- Leave the shampoo on for the full 10 minutes wherever possible.
- Always make sure the coat is thoroughly wet before applying Malaseb, this will make lathering and spreading easier.
- Using a sponge can help to spread the shampoo well. The sponge also holds water which again helps to ensure the coat is adequately wet during application.
|Dimensions||5.2 x 5.2 x 18 cm|